Please follow these procedures when planning events on campus. You may view and download the University of the Pacific – Policies and Procedures 2016 for your reference. Failure to comply will result in consequences including but not limited to the cancellation of your event. There will be no exceptions made.
- Check the ASP calendar on the website. Look to make sure that the event being planned does not conflict with any other events or with scheduled classes.
- E-mail the current APhA-ASP VP of Student Affairs directly with the event name, which group is hosting it, date, time, and anticipated location. The subject line to your e-mail should be “CALENDAR UPDATE: Hosting Group – Event Name.“
- Please note that the ASP calendar will be updated based on a first come first serve basis. Please allow at least 48 hours after your e-mail has been sent for a response. E-mails regarding planned events are encouraged to be sent at least two weeks in advance.
- Book the room with Kim Whitesides from the OSPA office, but only after receiving an email confirmation from the APhA-ASP VP of Student Affairs indicating that the event has been approved and placed on the ASP calendar.
- Send a follow-up email to the APhA-ASP VP of Student Affairs with the location only after booking the room with Lupe.
New changes (as of 2017):
A request should be made two weeks prior to your event. Fewer days may result in a higher per hour guard rate (if overtime is required to fill).
Here are guidelines that would require a guard:
- The doors to the building will remain unlocked during the event.
- The event will have 100 or more people in attendance.
- The event has attendees who are not SOPHS students, alumni and/or the event has professionals who are not associated with one our professional programs.