What is a committee?
A committee is a group compromised of 4 co-chairs from the student body. Each committee has its own focus and reaches out to either students or the community, and educates them on a particular subject. Education may come in the form of brochures, or an all out event depending on the interest and focus of each committee.
From a financial standpoint, committees differ from “organizations” on campus in that they are budgeted by ASP. Committees are subdivisions of the Academy of Student Pharmacists. They work in conjunction with the APhA-ASP VP of Professional Affairs to fulfill ASP’s and the student body’s outreach objectives.
- Alternative and Integrative Medicine
- American Cancer Society
- American Lung Association
- Children’s Awareness Committee
- Drug Awareness Committee
- International Pharmaceutical Students’ Federation
- Mental Health Awareness Committee
- Operation Diabetes
- Operation Heart
- Operation Immunization
- Operation Self-Care
- Pacific Outreach for Youth Services and Education
- Pacific PharmAssistance
- Student Pharmacist Advocacy Coalition
- Veteran Service Project
- Vietnamese Cancer Awareness, Research and Education Society
Committees Under Other Organizations:
American Society of Consultant Pharmacy (ASCP)
Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP)
California Society of Health-System Pharmacists (CSHP)